Ofonedu-Ime Goodwyn is a Florida Board Certified Real Estate Attorney with a reputation for delivering exceptional work product and providing responsive, high-quality client service. His practice focuses on real estate and commercial transactions, including corporate matters, secured lending transactions, and the acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing of real property. Ofonedu regularly represents closely held companies, national and regional lenders, and a diverse range of borrowers and developers in a variety of commercial matters.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Ofonedu was a real estate and litigation associate at Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo in Miami. He began his legal career at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan in New York City immediately after graduating from Columbia Law School (CLS).
As part of a CLS Human Rights fellowship, Ofonedu served as a summer research intern with the Lawyer's Collective HIV/AIDS Unit, in Mumbai, India, where he developed an ongoing interest in social enterprise as a mechanism for community development.
Prior to moving to South Florida, Ofonedu accepted a position at his alma mater, George School, a Quaker college preparatory school in Newtown, Pennsylvania, to give back to his community by teaching and mentoring the next generation of young leaders.
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Board Certified Real Estate Attorney
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- National Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- LCLD Fellow, 2021
- Selected as a Top 40 under 40 by the National Bar Association, 2019 – 2020
- Named to DiversityMBA's list of "Top 100 under 50 Diverse Emerging Leaders," 2018
- Selected by Legacy (formerly Success South Florida) magazine as one of "40 Under 40: Leaders of Today and Tomorrow," 2010
- Co-Author, "Condominium Associations' Power to Restrict Access to Areas on the Property," Daily Business Review, August 14, 2020
- "Attorney to Educator and Back Again," Daily Business Review, February 24, 2017
- May 24, 2021
- Hinshaw Announces Selection of its Nominees for 2021 Fellowship Class and Pathfinder Program of the Leadership Council on Legal DiversityMarch 17, 2021
- January 4, 2021
- October 1, 2020
- In DBR Byliner, Steve Cronig and Ofonedu-Ime Goodwyn Explore Access Restrictions for Condominiums in FloridaAugust 26, 2020
- August 1, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- Hinshaw's Ofonedu-Ime Goodwyn Named Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of Neighborhood Housing Services of South FloridaFebruary 21, 2019
Ofonedu is deeply committed to family—including his wife and three young daughters. He is guided by the values of integrity, stewardship, and equity, which he learned to cherish early in life. Ofonedu strives for excellence, believes in doing the right thing—"even if nobody's watching"—and wants to make his community a better place for his daughters and the generations to follow.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida, Chair of Board of Directors