Ofonedu-Ime Goodwyn is a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney with a reputation for delivering exceptional work product and providing responsive, high-quality client service. His practice focuses on real estate and commercial transactions, including corporate matters, secured lending transactions, and the acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing of real property. Ofonedu regularly represents closely-held companies, national and regional lenders, and a diverse range of borrowers and developers in a variety of commercial matters.
As part of a Columbia Law School Human Rights fellowship, Ofonedu served as a summer research intern with the Lawyer's Collective HIV/AIDS Unit in Mumbai, India, and developed an ongoing interest in social impact work and a deep admiration for attorneys who serve as change agents.
Prior to moving to South Florida, Ofonedu returned to his alma mater, George School, a Quaker college preparatory school in Newtown, Pennsylvania, to give back to his community by teaching and mentoring the next generation of young leaders. Ofonedu is board chair of Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF), a local community development organization founded over 40 years ago, providing a full spectrum of homeownership services to potential homebuyers. NHSSF is actively working to address South Florida's affordable housing crisis.
- The Florida Bar
- Vice Chair of the Real Estate Certification Committee, July 2022 – June 2023
- Real Estate Certification Committee, 2021 – 2022
- Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- National Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- LCLD Fellow, 2021
- Selected as a Top 40 under 40 by the National Bar Association, 2019 – 2020
- Named to DiversityMBA's list of "Top 100 under 50 Diverse Emerging Leaders," 2018
- Selected by Legacy (formerly Success South Florida) magazine as one of "40 Under 40: Leaders of Today and Tomorrow," 2010
- Co-Author, "Condominium Associations' Power to Restrict Access to Areas on the Property," Daily Business Review, August 14, 2020
- "Attorney to Educator and Back Again," Daily Business Review, February 24, 2017
- July 1, 2022
- May 24, 2021
- Hinshaw Announces Selection of its Nominees for 2021 Fellowship Class and Pathfinder Program of the Leadership Council on Legal DiversityMarch 17, 2021
- January 4, 2021
- October 1, 2020
- In DBR Byliner, Steve Cronig and Ofonedu-Ime Goodwyn Explore Access Restrictions for Condominiums in FloridaAugust 26, 2020
- August 1, 2019
- June 20, 2019
Ofonedu is deeply committed to family—including his wife and three young daughters. He is guided by the values of integrity, stewardship, and equity, which he learned to cherish early in life. Ofonedu strives for excellence, believes in doing the right thing—"even if nobody's watching"—and wants to make his community a better place for his daughters and future generations.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida, Chair of Board of Directors