While it may be the right decision for your business, merging with another company is never an easy move. Hinshaw works with clients to make the transition as smooth as possible.
We have orchestrated a number of mergers and acquisitions, handling all aspects of such transactions, including issues relating to compliance with federal and state securities laws and regulations, and issues relating to ERISA, tax, labor and environmental matters.
We have extensive experience in many different types of mergers and acquisitions, including those involving a series of bidders for both publicly traded and privately held companies. We have developed bid packages and participated in the due diligence process of evaluating the bidders.
As lead transaction counsel, we have served clients in a number of industries. We have had responsibility for due diligence review, and are fully qualified to handle all related corporate, bankruptcy, ERISA/employment, tax and securities issues. We also counsel clients on antitrust and related Hart-Scott-Rodino issues.
Our corporate attorneys are also experienced in the negotiation, drafting and workout of various types of joint venture and partnership arrangements. We have assisted in a major racetrack development and financing; joint venture cable development, financing and operations; healthcare alliances; joint technology development agreements; major land use development partnerships; and joint marketing and distribution agreements, to name a few.
- Mark Carter to Present at upcoming Mergers and Acquisitions Series: When Distress Happens: Recapitalizations, Reorganizations, and BankruptciesNovember 4, 2021
- Jane Schlicht, Michael Weis, and Connie Mayer to Present on Drafting Effective Contracts in WISBAR SeminarJanuary 14, 2022
- March 10, 2021 | 4:00 – 6:00 PM Central
- January 16, 2020
- January 17, 2019
- Jane Schlicht to Present on Contract Drafting Issues in Wisconsin at State Bar of Wisconsin CLE SeminarJanuary 17, 2014
- July 23, 2021
- July 7, 2021
- May 24, 2021
- Commentary in Mealey's Litigation Report — Emerging Insurance Disputes: A Review Of Emerging Trends In Mergers & Acquisitions And Representations & Warranties InsuranceApril 7, 2021
- August 18, 2020DuMond Kottke brings diverse experience with real estate financing, transactions and development to Hinshaw’s Commercial Transactions practice.
- October 15, 2019Seasoned Partner Brings Extensive Corporate, Commercial Transactions and Business Insolvency Experience
- October 8, 2020
- September 3, 2020
- March 5, 2013Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert
- February 4, 2013Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert
- January 24, 2013Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert
- SEC Proposes to Eliminate the Prohibition Against General Solicitation and Advertising in Certain Private OfferingsSeptember 20, 2012Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert