While it may be the right decision for your business, merging with another company is never an easy move. Hinshaw works with clients to make the transition as smooth as possible.
We have orchestrated a number of mergers and acquisitions, handling all aspects of such transactions, including issues relating to compliance with federal and state securities laws and regulations, and issues relating to ERISA, tax, labor and environmental matters.
We have extensive experience in many different types of mergers and acquisitions, including those involving a series of bidders for both publicly traded and privately held companies. We have developed bid packages and participated in the due diligence process of evaluating the bidders.
As lead transaction counsel, we have served clients in a number of industries. We have had responsibility for due diligence review, and are fully qualified to handle all related corporate, bankruptcy, ERISA/employment, tax and securities issues. We also counsel clients on antitrust and related Hart-Scott-Rodino issues.
Our corporate attorneys are also experienced in the negotiation, drafting and workout of various types of joint venture and partnership arrangements. We have assisted in a major racetrack development and financing; joint venture cable development, financing and operations; healthcare alliances; joint technology development agreements; major land use development partnerships; and joint marketing and distribution agreements, to name a few.
- August 18, 2020DuMond Kottke brings diverse experience with real estate financing, transactions and development to Hinshaw’s Commercial Transactions practice.
- October 15, 2019Seasoned Partner Brings Extensive Corporate, Commercial Transactions and Business Insolvency Experience
- October 8, 2018
- October 5, 2018
- August 28, 2018Partner Honored by "Crain's Chicago Business"
- March 6, 2018
- October 8, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- September 3, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- March 5, 2013Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert
- February 4, 2013Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert
- January 24, 2013Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert
- SEC Proposes to Eliminate the Prohibition Against General Solicitation and Advertising in Certain Private OfferingsSeptember 20, 2012Corporate / Financial Institutions Alert