Sarah King counsels financial services companies on compliance with statutes and regulations. She also represents companies facing civil investigative demands, subpoenas, supervisory examinations, and lawsuits brought by government entities. Leveraging her wide ranging experience, Sarah also advises clients on managing and mitigating risk, helping them navigate issues concerning federal and state regulatory requirements—including issues related to consumer protection.
Beyond handling class action and consumer fraud claims, Sarah's wide ranging experiences also includes counseling clients in insurance coverage disputes. Before joining Hinshaw, Sarah practiced at a plaintiff's personal injury firm in Chicago where she handled multidistrict litigation and mass tort cases, including pharmaceutical and environmental torts, as well as sexual violence, nursing home, medical malpractice, and premise liability claims.
During law school, Sarah was an Associate Editor of the DePaul Law Review and a member of Phi Alpha Delta. She also volunteered with the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic and the Constitutional Rights Foundation.
Prior to embarking on her legal career, Sarah worked as a project manager for The National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago (NORC) and The Institute for Research, Education, and Training in Addiction (IRETA).
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Special Project Coordinator
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- South Asian Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
Honors & Awards
- DePaul University College of Law
- CALI Award in "Civil Litigation Strategy"
- CALI Award in "Constitutional Law"
- CALI Award in "Trial Advocacy II"
- Dean's List
- "Civil Litigation – Filling the Gaps of our Criminal Justice System by Advocating for Accountability, Compensation, and Healing for Survivors of Sexual Violence," Romanucci and Blandin, LLC Company News, December 9, 2020
- "The Impact of Telehealth Services on Rural Adolescent Substance Use," DePaul Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute's E-Pulse Blog, April 28, 2017
- Fifth Edition of 50 State Guide on Student Loan Servicing Laws Now Available Vaishali S. Rao, Sarah E. King, Lancelle S. Lipana
- Proposed California Debt Collection Licensing Regulations Raise Scope Concerns Vaishali S. Rao, Sarah E. King
- CFPB Signals Change by Rescinding Abusive Acts or Practices Policy, With Confirmation of Chopra Likely to be Delayed Vaishali S. Rao, Sarah E. King
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
- American Legion, Auxiliary Member
- Chicago Law Lean In, Founder
- Board, Associate Vice President
- Trauma Informed Lawyering Training and Curriculum, Developer
- Women Everywhere Chicago (WE), Volunteer
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2019
B.S., University of Pittsburgh, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois