Steven Cutler focuses his practice on developing and implementing sophisticated state, federal and international tax and estate planning strategies. He regularly provides counsel to individuals and closely held businesses with respect to a wide spectrum of comprehensive tax, estate planning, asset protection and business-related matters. This includes corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entities.
Mr. Cutler has experience in handling business and tax structuring, choice of entity, family wealth transfers, inter-generational planning, and the formation and operation of family limited partnerships and private family foundations.
Mr. Cutler's other areas of concentration include probate, guardianship, elder law, and the preparation of wills and all types of revocable, irrevocable and charitable trusts. He provides planning to U.S. citizens and residents for U.S. income, gift, estate, generation skipping and other tax matters, and pre-residency and immigration planning for non-citizen and non-resident investors.
Mr. Cutler merged his practice with Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in August 2004. Previously he was a founding partner in the law firm of Litow, Cutler & Zabludowski, LLC, with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Boca Raton, Florida.
He is Board Certified through the Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education as a Wills, Trusts, and Estates Lawyer.
- The Florida Bar
- Elder Law Section
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Tax Section
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council, Inc., Past President
- Estate Planning Council of Greater Miami
- Florida Legal Network (FLN) – Coral Gables Chapter
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Trusts and Estates, 2023
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Recognized as a Board Certified Wills, Trusts, and Estates Lawyer by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- "Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets in Florida Estate Planning," Florida Lawyers Network - Coral Gables Chapter Monthly Meeting, Coral Gables, Florida, October 27, 2022
- "The Estate Planning Elephant in the Room," Florida Lawyers Network - Coral Gables Chapter Monthly Meeting, Virtual Event, May 27, 2021
- "Florida Probate Law: 'What You Need to Know,'" Miami-Dade Legal Support Association, Membership Meeting, Miami, Florida, January 24, 2018
- "Florida Electronic Wills Act," Florida Lawyers Network - Coral Gables Chapter Monthly Meeting, Coral Gables, Florida, September 28, 2017
- Eighty-Seven Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2023 Editions of Best Lawyers in America and Ones to WatchAugust 18, 2022Two Lawyers Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- June 8, 2021
- Steven W. Cutler Reviews a Florida Legislative Proposal that Would Authorize Use of "Electronic Wills"May 11, 2017
- Steven Cutler Quoted in Article Discussing How Changes to Foreign Investment Tax Law Will Affect Miami Real EstateFebruary 9, 2016
- Steven Cutler Named Most Valuable Member of Broward County Chapters of Business Network International (BNI)December 9, 2011
- December 11, 2018
- July 19, 2018
- July 19, 2018
- December 19, 2017Estate Planning Alert
- December 19, 2016
- December 15, 2015
- December 2, 2014
- December 11, 2013
- November 27, 2012
- December 13, 2011
- Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 Amends Federal Estate, Gift and Generation-Skipping Tax LawsDecember 21, 2010Estate Planning Alert
- December 10, 2010
- Daniel D. Cantor Senior Center, Inc., Member of the Board of Directors
LL.M., Taxation, University of Miami School of Law, 1983
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1982
B.A., University of Rochester, 1979
- U.S. Tax Court