As an experienced litigator, Ronald Park helps clients navigate their legal issues by serving as a valued member of their team. Taking this integrated team approach, he works with other legal professionals, attorneys, and his clients to ensure the best possible outcome.
Within the consumer financial services industry, Ron represents banks and financial institutions in disputes involving state and federal consumer protection, licensing, lending, usury, leasing, and sales laws. He regularly defends claims arising under a variety of statutes, including the:
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA);
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA);
- Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA);
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); and the
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
As a practitioner, Ron emphasizes efficiency, organization, attention to detail, and the effective management of his cases. His clients appreciate and have come to count on his meticulously organized and process-oriented approach to cases.
Ron's experience further includes working as a secondee in the Special Assets legal department of a large national bank, handling distressed loans in the commercial bank division, including the commercial real estate and small business banking sectors. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Ron practiced in the New York City office of a New Orleans-based firm. He was also an attorney for the Administrative Enforcement Unit of the New York City Department of Buildings. In his role as an Agency Attorney, he represented the department at the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH) and Environmental Control Board (ECB).
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York
- New York City Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2021 – 2024
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- August 17, 2023One Lawyer Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- Eighty-Seven Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2023 Editions of Best Lawyers in America and Ones to WatchAugust 18, 2022Two Lawyers Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- August 19, 2021Five Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- February 24, 2020Brian S. McGrath & Victor Matthews Join as Partners along with Three Associates
- Second Circuit Rules Homeowners Established Article III Standing for Statutory Damages Claim Ronald H. Park, Schuyler B. Kraus
- New York Court of Appeals Decision Clarifies RPAPL Notice Requirements, Affirms Heightened Standard for Borrowers Ronald H. Park, Brian S. McGrath, Schuyler B. Kraus
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
Outside the office, Ron enjoys spending time with family and friends.
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2014
B.A., New York University, 2008
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York