Mitra Singh advises clients in consumer financial services litigation. Recognizing that litigated matters have issues stemming from events that often occurred years ago, Mitra understands the importance of getting to the root of the problems his clients are facing. By going back to the beginning, Mitra is able to develop a strategy to fix the issues at hand and also provide guidance in an effort to help avoid those issues going forward.
Mitra's broad experience—which spans more than a decade—includes handling matters concerning contested mortgage foreclosures, automotive finance, credit cards, bankruptcy, real estate and title issues, and general commercial litigation. He has also defended financial institutions in cases involving payment disputes and claims arising under consumer protection statutes, including the:
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA),
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Mitra honed his commercial litigation skills with a New Orleans-based firm, working from the firm's offices in Albany and New York City.
- "NY's Statute of Limitations and Mortgage Foreclosures: How to Revoke Acceleration," New York Law Journal, August 8, 2016
- February 24, 2020Brian S. McGrath & Victor Matthews Join as Partners along with Three Associates
- New York Courts Lift Suspension of Foreclosure Proceedings, Add Additional Conference Requirement Mitra P. Singh, Brian S. McGrath
- New York State Enacts New Procedures for Residential Mortgage Forbearance Plans Mitra P. Singh, Brian S. McGrath
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 2007
B.S., magna cum laude, St. John's University, 2003
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York