Dana Briganti defends the interests of clients in consumer and class action litigation and also provides them with regulatory compliance counseling. She also advises clients on matters concerning consumer finance and mortgage-related litigation. Leveraging her extensive experience in all phases of the litigation process, Dana partners with her clients to ensure they're informed and help them reach a resolution.
When it comes to compliance with consumer protection statutes, Dana has helped financial institutions, lenders, and mortgage loan servicers. She has advised them on a variety of issues including New York State Department of Financial Services rules, state layaway laws and policies, as well as the COVID-19 aspects of state action most relevant to consumer financial institutions.
Dana also has substantial experience in complex insurance coverage and insurance defense, including the evaluation of claims, evaluation reports, fact and liability analysis, defense strategies, and recommendations and coverage determinations for insurance carriers.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Dana bolstered her litigation and insurance defense experience as an associate with another firm in New York.
During law school, Dana also gained invaluable experience as an intern and summer associate with firms in New York. Her law school accomplishments include having been a quarter finalist in the First Year Moot Court Oral Argument Competition. Dana also served as a Student Bar Association representative and a BAR/BRI representative.
- New York State Collectors Association, Attorney State Chair, 2020-2021, 2021-2022
Honors & Awards
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University
- Dean's List
- Co-Author, "FDCPA Cases Continue To Define What Congress Did Not," Law360, May 1, 2018
- CFPB Highlights COVID-19-Fueled Regulatory Risks for Examined Industries in Special Edition of Supervisory Highlights Dustin C. Alonzo, Dana B. Briganti, Lauren Campisi, Adair L. Kingsmill, Vaishali S. Rao
- New York State Passes Eviction and Foreclosure Moratorium Protecting Renters, Homeowners, and Small Landlords
- Inspection by HUD's Inspector General of FHA Mortgage Servicers' Websites Reveals Incomplete, Inconsistent, and Unclear CARES Act Forbearance Information Dana B. Briganti, Vaishali S. Rao
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
- May 12, 2017
- July 27, 2016
- July 20, 2015
- February 23, 2015
J.D., cum laude, Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, 2009
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York