Eliot Abbott has decades of experience in domestic, international, private and public business transactions in a variety of areas, including telecommunications, Internet commerce, real estate development and construction, international distribution and project finance. He advises clients on matters regarding planning, tax, contracts, financial and compensation planning, mergers and acquisitions, and exit strategies.
Mr. Abbott also counsels senior and mezzanine lenders as well as equity participants regarding maximizing return on invested capital, borrower bankruptcy, negotiation and resolution of inter-creditor disputes, successor developer liability, and rights and responsibilities arising out of contracts held by developers.
Mr. Abbott has been representing a small publicly held radiology group and its private subsidiary entities and their related partners and affiliates. He also has substantial experience in distribution agreements (both for domestic and international entities), including past experience with Snapple, and Coca-Cola and one of its bottlers. Additionally, he has worked with a group who had extensive negotiations with Coca-Cola regarding the opening of a bottling facility in Cuba.
Mr. Abbott joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in February 2010. Previously he was a partner in the Miami office of Ruden McClosky, and prior to that, he was a member of Kluger Peretz Kaplan & Berlin.
Honors & Awards
- AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Top Lawyer in South Florida for Corporate, Business and Real Estate Law, South Florida Legal Guide, 2007, 2010, and 2014
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers list by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007 – 2012
- Top Dealmaker of the Year, Daily Business Review, 2007
- Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine
- Florida Top Lawyer, Florida Monthly
- Best of the Bar, South Florida Business Journal
- "Overview: Rising Sea Levels and Their Impact on Business," Local Board Attorneys Council Meeting for Florida Realtors, Orlando, Florida, January 25, 2018
- April 9, 2019
- Hinshaw and Florida International University Successfully Conclude Second Annual Climate Change and Sea Level Rise ConferenceApril 24, 2018
- Second Annual Hinshaw/FIU Climate Change Conference to Focus on Economic Impacts to Insurance, Lending and Real Estate IndustriesMarch 27, 2018Full Day Conference to be Held April 11, 2018 at Four Seasons Hotel Miami
- May 17, 2017
- February 23, 2016
- January 15, 2015
- October 8, 2014
- March 5, 2013
LL.M., Taxation, University of Miami School of Law, 1976
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1973
B.S.B.A., University of Florida, 1971
- New York