Tenth Edition of Thomson Reuters Insurance Law Treatise Authored by Seaman and Schulze Now Available
We are pleased to announce that the Tenth Edition of the insurance law treatise, entitled Allocation of Losses in Complex Insurance Coverage Claims (10th Ed. 2021-2022) has been published by Thomson Reuters and is now available for purchase. This marks the twenty-first consecutive year that Hinshaw partners Scott Seaman, Co-Chair of Hinshaw’s Global Insurance Services Practice Group, and Jason Schulze have updated the treatise. The book provides comprehensive treatment of many of the issues driving contemporary insurance claims and coverage litigation and reinsurance cessions and arbitrations.
Highlights of the Tenth Edition include:
- Chapter 12 on Defense Costs, Attorney’s Fees, and Legal Audit has been updated to reflect developments in the legal fee audit area.
- Chapter 14 on Allocation Issues and Satisfaction of Claims-Made Requirements Under Directors and Officers Liability Contracts has been updated to reflect significant developments.
- Chapter 17 on Cybersecurity and Privacy Claims has been updated to address the numerous developments in this important, emerging area of the law.
- Chapter 19 on Social Inflation has been expanded to include Sustainability/ESG Environmental/Social/Governance considerations and updated to reflect post-pandemic developments.
- Chapter 20 on COVID-19 and Pandemic Coverage Claims has been updated to include case law decisions and developments.
- Chapter 21 on Mergers & Acquisitions/Representations & Warranties Insurance was added in this edition.
- Updated Appendix A: 50 State Survey of Allocation Decisions.
- Updated Appendix C: 50 State Survey of Trigger of Coverage Decisions.
In addition to the traditional hard copy version of the book, the treatise is available as an eBook. For more information and to order your copy, visit the Thomson Reuters website.