Hinshaw Recognized as Leading Firm in 2016 Chambers USA
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP today announced that the firm's Insurance Practice and six individual lawyers have been ranked in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers USA). Individuals ranked in Band 1, the highest level, include Michael M. Marick (Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Illinois) category) and Kent R. Keller (Insurance: Insurer (California) category).
Published by Chambers and Partners, Chambers USA is a widely respected annual publication that highlights leading law firms and lawyers representing clients in the United States and internationally. Chambers and Partners' researchers interview thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world, providing the basis for the listings.
Insurance Practice Rankings
In again ranking Hinshaw in the Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Illinois) category, Chambers USA points out that the team has a "[f]lourishing practice with a strong core of respected practitioners, regularly acting on high-exposure litigation for clients in the insurance industry." It adds that the group "[p]ossesses considerable expertise in environmental and bodily injury claims, including asbestos liability cases and other toxic torts, as well as instances of construction defect and professional liability." One client interviewed remarked that "[t]hey provide superior counseling and advice and are leaders in the area with respect to representing insurers in coverage disputes. The billing is reasonable, their recommendations are transparent to clients and they are available at all times to counsel and discuss." Another said simply, "[t]hey're phenomenal to work with and I really respect them. They know what they're talking about."
In again ranking Hinshaw in the Insurance: Insurer (California) category, Chambers USA notes that Hinshaw is a "[h]ighly capable firm with a reputation for representing insurers across the United States. The California team has key expertise in regulatory insurance law and also offers a robust litigation practice, representing insurers in coverage disputes and class actions on a regular basis."
Individual Attorney Rankings
Individual Hinshaw partners ranked in this year's edition of Chambers USA — all of whom have been recognized in several consecutive past issues of Chambers USA — include: (1) Chicago-based James H. Kallianis Jr., Michael M. Marick and Scott M. Seaman, all ranked in the Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Illinois) category; (2) Los Angeles-based Kent R. Keller and Royal F. Oakes, who are ranked in the Insurance: Insurer (California) category; and (3) Miami-based Neil S. Rollnick, who is ranked in the Florida, Real Estate category.
This year's issue of Chambers USA notes the following:
- "The 'brilliant, effective and well-liked' Michael Marick enjoys wide admiration for his insurance expertise and litigation skills. Sources say: 'He has an encyclopedic knowledge of insurance and is universally well respected by policyholders and insurers.' Others enthuse about his ability to 'take extremely complex situations, boil them down to a plan and then execute it.'"
- "Scott Seaman has the 'uncanny ability to make the complex understandable,' according to commentators, who point to his superb knowledge in the insurance space. He is highly respected for his robust insurance and reinsurance litigation practice, with sources particularly highlighting that 'he's the expert when it comes to excess and umbrella policies.'"
- "James Kallianis displays 'significant experience on complex coverage matters' as well as extensive trial capabilities. He represents clients across a broad spectrum of insurance matters, including D&O, cyber-insurance and professional liability."
- "Kent Keller is a 'first-rate' attorney who has 'very extensive, deep knowledge of the regulatory side,' according to market feedback. Also an experienced litigator, he regularly counsels insurers in the property and casualty, and life and health aspects of insurance law."
- "Royal Oakes enjoys a reputation as an 'excellent attorney' and maintains strong litigation credentials, in addition to a highly respected public media presence. His practice sees him frequently representing insurer clients at both trial and appellate level."
- "Neil [Rollnick] has more than four decades of experience in all things real estate. . . . He understands the industry inside and out. With this knowledge, he is poised to counsel his clients to make the best decision for their unique situations."
- Sign up for Mailings
- Press Kit