Steven Carlyle Cronig is a Florida Bar Certified Real Estate Attorney and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial real estate development and lender representation. He represents developers in acquisitions and dispositions of property; creation of development entities such as joint ventures, limited partnerships and REITs; preparation of plats, subdivision covenants, homeowners’ association documents, condominium and fractional/timeshare declarations and prospectuses; representation of borrowers in closing construction and commercial loans; preparation of construction contracts; lien administration and closing sales to end purchasers.
Mr. Cronig represents many commercial and private lenders in connection with the structuring of new asset-secured loans, construction financing, mezzanine financing, the purchase of existing portfolio assets from other lenders, participation agreements among consortia of lenders, and the administration of lender portfolio assets, including negotiation and preparation of initial loan commitment letters, the review of title on behalf of lenders, the preparation of loan documentation and the closing of loan transactions, lender due diligence activities, construction loan administration and loan workout and disposition activities.
Mr. Cronig joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in April 2011. Previously he was a partner at Yoss LLP.
During the course of his 33 years of practice, Mr. Cronig has acted as trustee for a class action in which the class members received 125 percent of their original investments and was involved in the transformation of the South Beach Art Deco district in the 1980s.
- The Florida Bar
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale- Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- “The Coupon Mortgage: A Luxury Construction Lender’s End Run,” Cornell Real Estate Journal, July 2010
- Hinshaw Attorneys Represent OKO Group in $54 Million Bayfront Land Purchase Adjacent to Missoni Baia in Miami's Edgewater AreaNovember 23, 2016
- October 9, 2014
- January 30, 2014
- October 3, 2012
- February 22, 2012
- British American Business Council, Trustee
LL.M., Taxation, Boston University School of Law, 1983
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1980
B.A., University of Vermont, 1977
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida