Vanessa Williams has a solid record of representing industry clients such as financial institutions, lenders, and mortgage loan servicers in every aspect of litigation relating to consumer and commercial banking and real property.
She defends against claims under:
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Homeowners Equity Protection Act
- Deceptive Practices Act
Vanessa is a strong litigator with a proven track record of success with the trial and appellate courts. She is at her best finding creative, out-of-the-box arguments and solutions to her client's complex business and legal needs.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Vanessa was a partner with a national law firm and represented a variety of financial institutions.
Honors & Awards
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University
- Law Trustee Scholarship
- Law Diversity Scholarship
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, Nat. Ass'n v Venture, 48 NYS3d 824 [3rd Dept 2017]
- Deutsche Bank Natl. Trust Co. v. Ahmed, 106 NYS3d 123 [2d Dept 2019]
- Deutsche Bank Natl. Trust Co. v. Sankar 115 NYS3d 914 [2d Dept 2020]
- Deutsche Bank Natl. Trust Co. v. Blank, 140 NYS3d 52 [2d Dept 2020]
Vanessa is a classically trained ballet dancer, avid hiker, and passionate about traveling, having visited over 35 countries.
J.D., Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University
B.A., Marlboro College
- New Jersey
- New York