Stephen Masley represents the country’s largest mortgage servicers, credit card issuers, and auto lenders in litigation matters in multiple jurisdictions involving federal and state law claims and class actions. Clients appreciate Stephen's responsiveness, attention to detail, and collaborative nature.
In addition to his extensive trial court and appellate practice, Stephen regularly defends clients in disputes with state and federal regulators across the country.
Stephen also routinely handles all aspects of consumer bankruptcy cases on behalf of multiple categories of creditors filed under Chapters 7, 11, and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
As a lawyer and business advisor, Stephen provides clients with creative and practical solutions to address concerns in emerging litigation trends and investigations.
Before joining Hinshaw, Stephen was a partner and member of the consumer financial services practice group at a national law firm.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Madison County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- The Mississippi Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2020 – 2024; Commercial Litigation 2020 – 2024
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2013 – 2019
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- August 17, 2023One Lawyer Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- July 12, 2023
J.D., Mississippi College School of Law, 2005
B.A., Corporate Finance, Mississippi State University, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas