Paula Wegman's more than 25 years of trial attorney defense-litigation experience spans a series of complex aerospace-related matters involving commercial air carriers and aviation engine and avionics manufacturers. Active as both national and regional counsel in state and federal courts across the U.S., Paula has successfully defended numerous airlines and product manufacturers in high-exposure cases involving wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, and sexual assault. This track record has established Paula as a trusted advisor from claim inception through final verdict.
Paula has secured favorable decisions for her clients, at the trial and appellate level, via summary judgment, dismissal, and appellate rulings, in multiple jurisdictions across the country. Her experience with airlines and product manufacturers includes providing counsel and defense related to aviation accidents worldwide, including developing and implementing alternate resolution programs geared toward resolving catastrophic injury cases in matters with high exposure and limited coverage.
Her work also involves guiding clients through the world of complex regulatory and contractual issues arising out of domestic and international air carrier and airport operations. For example, her knowledge and experience with aviation contracts involve risk assessment, obligations, allocation, and management. She uses this knowledge to bring a consistency of representation to her clients with respect to their contractual rights via litigation and mediation.
Paula joined Hinshaw as the commercial airlines section leader in April 2023. Previously, she was a partner with Adler, Murphy & McQuillen, a premier aviation litigation firm in Chicago.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Aviation Law Committee, Former Chairperson
- International Aviation Women's Association (IAWA)
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Co-Presenter, "Navigating the Skies: Trends and Developments in Aviation Law," Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Chicago, Illinois, October 18, 2023
- April 3, 2023
- March 9, 2023The move will add 23 attorneys to Hinshaw's Chicago office
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, 1996
B.A., English, Arizona State University, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois, including Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana