Mitch Zipkin focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions in financial services-related litigation. He partners with clients throughout the litigation process, to ensure they are informed and provide them with tailored, strategic solutions to the matters they are facing.
Leveraging his extensive, industry-specific experience, Mitch counsels mortgage servicers and financial institutions on contested foreclosure, creditor's rights, bankruptcy, code violations, title disputes, and borrower-initiated litigation. He also defends clients facing claims brought under RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, and other state statutes concerning wrongful foreclosure and debt collection.
Before joining Hinshaw, Mitch furthered his experience representing financial institutions with firms throughout New York and New Jersey. Most recently, while based in Somerset, New Jersey, he practiced at a national law firm representing large institutional clients in an array of financial services litigation.
- August 26, 2021Four partners, one counsel, and three associates join firm in NJ and Boston
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2008
B.A., University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2005
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania