Michael McQuillen primarily represents airlines, aircraft and product component manufacturers, and aviation insurers. As an accomplished trial lawyer with over 40 years of continuous flight experience, Mike has tried several high-profile air carrier accidents and product liability cases before juries in state and federal courts for over 38 years. Mike represents major and regional airlines, cargo carriers, helicopter operators, fixed-base operators, individual aircraft owners, and corporate operators. On the products side, he represents manufacturers of airframes, jet engines, turbine engines, piston engines, valves, vacuum pumps, autopilots, flight control systems, ground proximity warning systems, collision avoidance systems, and various other avionics and component parts. He also defends manufacturers in a variety of civilian and military accidents.
Before joining Hinshaw, Mike was a founding member and partner of Adler Murphy & McQuillen LLP for 28 years, from 1995 – 2023.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Transportation: Aviation: Litigation – USA – Nationwide, (Band 1) 2022 – 2023
- Co-Presenter, "Navigating the Skies: Trends and Developments in Aviation Law," Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Chicago, Illinois, October 18, 2023
- 2023 Edition of Chambers USA Recognizes Hinshaw for its Transportation, Insurance, and Financial Services PracticesJune 1, 2023Eight Hinshaw Partners also Recognized in the USA Guide
- April 3, 2023
- March 9, 2023The move will add 23 attorneys to Hinshaw's Chicago office
J.D., with distinction, University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (formerly The John Marshall Law School), 1984
B.S., Finance, Illinois State University, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois, including Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan