Michael McKleroy has more than 25 years of civil ligation experience in trial court and on appeal. Michael has focused most of his career on representing financial institutions in a variety of matters in state and federal court. He routinely defends lenders and servicing companies against consumer-related complaints arising under common law and statutes such as Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Michael also has significant experience recovering money and/or property lost by lenders due to fraud, tax, or title issues.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Michael practiced law at another national law firm in the consumer financial services practice.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Business Litigation Section
- Successfully defended lenders in class actions.
- Uncovered multiple fraudulent loan origination schemes and obtained favorable settlements/judgments to recover losses.
- Obtained multiple judgments for lenders to recover fraudulently obtained excess proceeds following tax sales.
- Successfully prosecuted RICO claims against multiple defendants involved in a scheme to defraud lenders through the use of transfer tax liens; obtained multiple-million dollar judgments and successfully defended them on appeal and from dischargeability in bankruptcy.
- Successfully prosecuted multiple fraudulent transfer claims.
- Successfully challenged tax sales in Texas, Arkansas, Florida, California, New York, Montana, Colorado, and Nevada.
- February 1, 2023The expansion furthers the firm's growth in the financial services sector
J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law, 1996
B.A. Political Science, University of Oklahoma, 1993
- New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas