Matt Lindsey represents mortgage lenders and servicers in consumer financial services litigation. He regularly counsels clients facing claims brought pursuant to the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Matt also handles complaints alleging violations of wrongful foreclosure and debt collection statutes.
Matt has spent more than a decade working in the financial services sector. Most recently, before joining Hinshaw, he honed his litigation skills working from the Dallas office of a Florida-based firm. During law school, Matt was the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Food Law & Policy.
- Dallas Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Banking and Finance Law, 2023; and Financial Services Regulation Law, 2023
- Holds the Distinguished Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability
- February 1, 2023The expansion furthers the firm's growth in the financial services sector
Outside of the office, Matt enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter.
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law, 2010
B.S., cum laude, Government and Politics, University of Texas at Dallas, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas