Clinton Payne focuses his practice in defense litigation in the areas of premises liability, products liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, professional liability, construction and nursing home and assisted living facility defense.
Mr. Payne joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in May 2012. Previously he was for nine years a partner at DeMahy Labrador Drake Victor Payne & Cabeza.
Mr. Payne began his legal career in 1994 as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Federico A. Moreno, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida. From 1995 to 2000, Mr. Payne was an associate at Fowler White Burnett Hurley Banick & Strickroot. From 2000 to 2003, he was a partner at Clarke Silverglate Campbell Williams & Montgomery.
Mr. Payne completed a portion of his legal studies from 1993 to 1994 at the University of Virginia School of Law as part of its Visiting Student program.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, Member of the Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Rules and Procedures (2007–Present)
- Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admission
- Peer Review and Attorney Grievance (2010–Present)
- The Florida Bar
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Young Lawyers Division (1999–2005)
- Federal Court Practice Committee, Member
- Served as the Liaison
- The Florida Bar's Council of Sections
- The Florida Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Board of Directors (1999–2001)
- Civil Litigation Committee
- Professionalism Committee
- Legal Aid Committee
- Dade County Defense Bar
- Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers list by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2011 – 2013
- Miami-Dade County Teen Court (MMAP), Served as Volunteer Judge
- Miami-Dade County Teen Court (MMAP), Informed Families of Dade County, Member
- Miami-Dade County Teen Court (MMAP), Informed Families of Dade County, Past Member of its Executive Committee and Board of Directors (1998–2001)
J.D., University of Florida - Levin College of Law, 1994
B.A., Stanford University, 1990
- *Only Admitted in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida