Brent Reitter’s practice focuses primarily on consumer debt/mortgage disputes, insurance coverage and defense, and copyright/trademark disputes. Brent frequently advises businesses, insurance companies, tech/gig economy entities, start-ups, and financial services companies how to navigate complex federal and state litigations in order to achieve a favorable and cost-efficient outcome. A seasoned litigator, Brent is committed to ensuring his clients are informed throughout the process—from a case's inception to its resolution.
Brent has practiced with firms throughout the New York metropolitan area. Prior to joining Hinshaw, he practiced at a commercial litigation boutique specializing in high-exposure business disputes. While there, he also assisted with complex employment-related litigation, including wrongful termination claims, partnership disputes, and first amendment issues involving political action committees (PACs).
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Insurance Law, 2022
- Contributor to Alexandre Montagu, "Intellectual Property: Tectonic Shifts in the Legal Landscape, Journal of Technology Law & Policy," University of Florida Journal of Technology Law & Policy
- Contributor to Isaac Oliver and Veronika Bachmann, "The Book of Jubilees: An Annotated Bibliography from the First German Translation of 1850 to the Enoch Seminar of 2007," Henoch Journal
- August 19, 2021Five Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
J.D., New York Law School, 2010
B.A., The University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 2007
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York