Brent Reitter advises Hinshaw’s clients on how to navigate complex federal and state litigations in order to achieve favorable and cost-efficient outcomes. An accomplished litigator and trial attorney, Brent understands the practical, real-world effects that litigation can have on a business, whether privately or publicly owned, and works tirelessly to achieve his client’s desired result. His client-specific approach to each matter ensures that the client is always treated as a partner and collaborator, and informed throughout the process – from a case’s inception to resolution.
Brent has represented a diverse range of clients from textile design companies to confectionary manufacturers, to gig-economy transportation startups, to some of the world’s largest financial institutions. Before joining Hinshaw, he practiced at a commercial litigation boutique specializing in high-exposure business disputes.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Insurance Law, 2022 – 2023
- Contributor to Alexandre Montagu, "Intellectual Property: Tectonic Shifts in the Legal Landscape, Journal of Technology Law & Policy," University of Florida Journal of Technology Law & Policy
- Contributor to Isaac Oliver and Veronika Bachmann, "The Book of Jubilees: An Annotated Bibliography from the First German Translation of 1850 to the Enoch Seminar of 2007," Henoch Journal
- Eighty-Seven Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2023 Editions of Best Lawyers in America and Ones to WatchAugust 18, 2022Two Lawyers Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- January 3, 2022
- August 19, 2021Five Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
- January 21, 2022Insights for Insurers
- January 12, 2022Insights for Insurers
Brent is a lifelong hockey player and golfer—and still plays hockey as often as he can when not working for clients or exploring Brooklyn with his wife and young child.
J.D., New York Law School, 2010
B.A., University of Michigan, 2007
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York