For the last two decades, April Dahl has focused her practice on tort litigation, including cases involving product liability, toxic tort, indoor air quality, chemical exposure, construction defect, premises liability, automobile, and general liability matters.
April's clients range from small, privately-held companies to Fortune 500 companies. She is a member of the national defense team for one of the firm's largest self-insured clients, requiring pro hac vice representation throughout the country.
April's construction practice includes representing manufacturers, and general and trade contractors, in complex property damage and personal injury cases nationwide. She also assists manufacturers and construction companies in pre-suit claims and investigations under Florida's Construction Defects Statute, Chapter 558, Florida Statutes. April is well versed in the Florida Building Code, with particular emphasis on wind resistance and water intrusion.
April is a member of Hinshaw's Executive Committee. She joined the firm in 2004 and was previously a law clerk.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, April was a summer associate at a civil litigation firm in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. She also worked as a summer intern in the Broward County State Attorney's Office.
During law school, April participated in Notre Dame Law School's London summer program.
- The Florida Bar
- Over the last 20 years, defended product liability, commercial vehicle, and chemical exposure cases for one of the nation’s leading consumer services providers.
- Successful resolution to a catastrophic premises liability lawsuit in Alachua County, Florida, for a student housing company (2022).
- Victorious outcome in a pharmacy negligence lawsuit in Broward County, Florida, for a Fortune 500 pharmacy (2019).
- Successful defense of two commercial vehicle lawsuits in Jackson County, Illinois for a Fortune 500 pest control company (2017).
- Successfully tried a commercial vehicle lawsuit in Fort Pierce, Florida, for a national dairy farm (2015).
- Co-Presenter, "Evaluating Bodily Injury Claims," American Educational Institute and Society of Claims Law Associates, Virtual Event, March 15, 2023
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 2003
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida