Adair Kingsmill works with financial services clients, including national and state-chartered banks, national mortgage lenders and servicers, online lenders, manufactured housing lenders, trade associations, and automotive and personal property finance companies. She focuses her practice on providing compliance counsel on state and federal laws regulating consumer financial products.
She has helped clients navigate compliance issues relating to:
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA),
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA),
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP)
- Servicemember's Civil Relief Act (SCRA), and
- the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Adair also advises clients on matters involving credit origination and licensing, servicing, collections, lien enforcement, and repossession procedures and assists with due diligence reviews and conducting risk assessments.
Recognizing that the consumer finance landscape is rapidly changing and evolving, Adair evaluates her client's short and long-term needs to provide them actionable, comprehensive, bottom-line advice.
A former public relations executive, Adair understands how critical communication is. When combined with her knack for legal research and analysis, this skillset allows her to distill complex legal issues and give clients a concise, business-focused analysis.
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Young Lawyer Liaison for the Pro Bono Subcommittee
- Business Law Section
- The Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana Bankers Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- The New Orleans Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Louisiana Super Lawyers magazine, 2021 – 2022
- Moderator, "Pro Bono During the Pandemic: Best Practices for Maintaining Excellent Client Service," American Bar Association, Virtual Event, January 19, 2022
- Co-Presenter, "TCPA Compliance Issues and the Impact of the Supreme Court Decision," MBA Education Program, Virtual Event, April 15, 2021
- Co-Presenter, "Compliance Essentials: Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)," Mortgage Bankers Association, Webinar, June 2020
- Co-Author, "Compliance Essentials: Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Resource Guide," Mortgage Bankers Association, June 2020
- "How lenders can maximize loan deferral and extension compliance," Auto Finance News, June 25, 2019
- CFPB Highlights COVID-19-Fueled Regulatory Risks for Examined Industries in Special Edition of Supervisory Highlights Dustin C. Alonzo, Dana B. Briganti, Lauren Campisi, Adair L. Kingsmill, Vaishali S. Rao
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
J.D., magna cum laude, Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2017
B.A., summa cum laude, The University of Georgia, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana