Hinshaw Issues 2023 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Report
"Trailblazing the way through our DEI efforts"
The U.S. law firm of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is proud to announce the publication of the 2023 edition of the Hinshaw Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Report. This report highlights our journey over the previous year to advance DEI and also charts a path forward with an emphasis on mindfulness. Our concrete accomplishments include achieving the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification, receiving a perfect score on the 2022 Corporate Equality Index for the fourteenth consecutive year, and being named a 2022 Compass Award recipient by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD).
In October 2022, Hinshaw proudly announced our achievement of the Mansfield 5.0 Certification. The Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification process is designed to boost the representation of diverse lawyers in law firm leadership by broadening the pool of candidates considered for these opportunities. Hinshaw exceeded certification requirements, and has committed to participate in Mansfield 6.0 Certification as well.
“As we proactively advance our DEI goals internally and with client partnerships, it is exciting to watch the firm’s culture evolve through this process in ways that will benefit the entirety of our firm for years to come,” said D.L. Morriss, Hinshaw's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Partner.
"We are excited to share thoughts from Hinshaw’s professional staff in this year’s report. Our success is truly tethered together," added Alexandria Ray, Senior DEI Manager.
Highlights of the firm's DEI initiatives in 2022 include
- Achieving Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification, not only meeting the requirements of DiversityLab's year-long certification process but exceeding our goals;
- Signatory to Mansfield Rule 6.0 to remain publicly accountable in diversity initiatives;
- Multiple events, from continuing legal education to development programs, focusing on topics including neurodiversity, mental health, recent anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, and social justice initiatives for advancing diverse talent within a professional setting;
- Enhancing efforts to include a broad array of diverse attorneys in Chambers submissions; and
- Concentrated recruiting and retention initiatives to ensure pipeline growth of diverse talent.
Download the full report (PDF)