2022 Edition of Chambers USA Recognizes Hinshaw for its Insurance and Financial Services Practices
Seven Hinshaw Partners Recognized by the Guide
The U.S. law firm Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP today announced that the firm received recognition in the 2022 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. Seven Hinshaw partners are featured in the guide, with the firm's insurance and financial services practices receiving regional recognition in Illinois, Florida, and California.
Published by Chambers and Partners, Chambers USA is a widely respected annual publication that highlights leading law firms and lawyers representing clients in the United States and internationally. As part of its process, Chambers and Partners' researchers interview thousands of lawyers and clients around the world. Firms and lawyers must demonstrate sustained excellence in order to be ranked in the guide.
Individual Attorney Rankings
- Lauren E. Campisi
- Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance): USA – Nationwide (Band 3)
- Banking & Finance: Louisiana (Band 3)
- In ranking Campisi, Chambers USA states: "Lauren is well respected for her knowledge of the consumer regulatory world. She also has a great ability to synthesize an enormous amount of information into easy-to-apply guidance for clients." Also recognized for her extensive knowledge of state and federal laws, including CFPB and FCC regulations.
- Holly Harvey
- Insurance: Florida (Band 4)
- In ranking Harvey, Chambers USA states: An "excellent advocate and writer," Harvey is a well-regarded insurance practitioner who is adept at handling matters concerning environmental and natural disaster claims. She has further experience of representing clients in class actions.
- Rory E. Jurman
- Insurance: Florida (Band 2)
- In ranking Jurman, Chambers USA states: Widely acknowledged as an "insurance specialist" who regularly advises insurance carriers with regard to complex claims disputes. One client described him as "an excellent litigation attorney, who also has a strong focus on preventive advice." Another source reported that he is "a very good trial lawyer."
- Ronald L Kammer
- Insurance: Florida (Band 3)
- In ranking Kammer, Chambers USA states: Praised for his experience in advising clients on a variety of insurance coverage matters. He is "particularly recognized for his expertise" in claims concerning bodily injury, employer liability, and business interruption. Says a client: "Ron is very experienced and knowledgeable in this area of the law, and we have a lot of confidence in the advice he provides."
- Spencer Y. Kook
- Insurance: Insurer: California (Band 4)
- In ranking Kook, Chambers USA states: Noted for his handling of matters concerning insurance regulation and compliance, one source describes Kook as a lawyer "with very strong analytical skills." He also advises insurance carriers on litigation such as coverage disputes.
- Scott M. Seaman
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Illinois (Band 1)
- In ranking Seaman, Chambers USA states: [He] receives praise for his representation of insurance carriers in environmental, asbestos, business interruption and product liability disputes. According to one source, "Scott brings a unique level of energy, insight, creative problem solving and a genuine focus on the client experience."
- Stephen P Strohschein
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring: Louisiana (Band 3)
- In ranking Strohschein, Chambers USA states: [He] handles bankruptcy proceedings as part of his wide-ranging representation of lenders.
Firm Practice Rankings
In ranking Hinshaw Band 2 in "Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Insurer – Illinois" and quoting members of the insurance industry, Chambers notes:
What the team is known for: Widely acknowledged for its representation of insurer clients in complex, high-value coverage arbitration and litigation matters. Experienced in construction defect, first-party property, and cyber insurance, as well as personal insurance claims. Also handles risk management issues. Skilled at acting for international and domestic U.S. clients.
Strengths: Clients say: "The service level and responsiveness of the insurance group is exceptional."
Work highlights: Hinshaw was lead trial counsel and appellate co-counsel for the panel insurers in the $250 million property insurance coverage dispute with Opry Mills Mall Limited Partnership, LLC and Simon Property Group arising from the May 2010 flood in Nashville, Tennessee.
In ranking Hinshaw Band 3 in "Insurance – Florida," Chambers states:
What the team is known for: Handles a variety of insurance coverage claims on behalf of insurance carriers. Adept at providing advice and representation in coverage matters concerning losses arising out of catastrophic bodily injury, business interruption, and employer liability.
Strengths: Clients say: "They are extremely responsive and always available. They understand our business and always go above and beyond.
Work highlights: Hinshaw acted on behalf of Direct General Insurance Company in a bad faith insurance action valued at $13 million.
In ranking Hinshaw Band 3 in "Insurance: Insurer – California," Chambers states:
What the team is known for: Highly capable firm with a reputation for representing both domestic and foreign insurers across the USA. The California team has key expertise in regulatory insurance law and also offers a robust litigation practice, representing insurers in coverage disputes and class actions on a regular basis. Offers notable strength in construction defect, professional liability, and first-party property insurance matters, among other areas.