In 1986, William Bogdan forged his way westward from the Jersey Shore to begin a lifelong career in civil litigation. Bill focuses his practice on construction issues and employment litigation and counseling. He frequently represents contractors in indemnity, injury, and property damage actions, and employers in a variety of workplace and compensation disputes.
Bill began his career with a boutique labor and employment firm in San Francisco, where he practiced for over three decades. Most recently before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Bill worked in the San Francisco office of a national firm as part of the construction and employment litigation team.
In addition to his academic accomplishments and other activities during law school, Bill was the Case Editor for the American Journal of Law and Medicine.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California Association of General Contractors
- Legal Advisory Committee
- State Bar Association of California
- Labor & Employment Section
Honors & Awards
- Boston University School of Law
- Bernard E. Farr Estate Planning Award
Bill has lectured at Lloyd's of London, the DRI Employment Law Committee Annual Meeting, the AGC Legal Advisory Committee, and a variety of public and private audiences on employment and construction issues. Most recently, he spoke at the Pentarisk Construction Conference regarding crisis management.
Bill's employment law articles have appeared in California Labor and Employment Law Quarterly, The Job Description, and the Defense Research Institute's For the Defense.
- Law360: "Take-Home COVID" Case Handled by Hinshaw One of Nation's Top Personal Injury Cases to WatchJuly 12, 2022
- October 11, 2019William Bogdan and Michael McConathy Join from LeClairRyan
- Schreyer Honors College at Penn State, External Advisory Board, Member
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1986
B.A., with honors and distinction, Pennsylvania State University, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California