Matthew Walker maintains a diverse litigation defense practice involving personal injury, wrongful death, property damage, product liability, consumer protection, class action, construction defect, and commercial disputes. To ensure client satisfaction, Matthew employs a hands-on approach to every aspect of the case.
He has successfully resolved matters at trial and through arbitration for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and individuals. Matthew’s diligent hands-on approach to every aspect of the case helps clients navigate very difficult case subject matter such as the defense of alleged traumatic brain injury, detecting congenital heart defects and defending damages involving limb amputations in addition to psychological trauma.
In law school, Matthew was a member of the Nova Trial Association and the Moot Court Team. His team won first place at the Moot Commercial Arbitration Competition at the University of Miami and placed within the top 64 teams in the world at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition.
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Obtained a zero liability verdict at arbitration in a wrongful death lawsuit in which the plaintiff sought damages in excess of $1 million.
- Successfully represented a Fortune 500 corporation in an automobile accident where the plaintiff alleged traumatic brain injury, disk herniations, and nerve damage.
- Successfully defended a sub-contractor in a construction defect case where the plaintiff alleged that they suffered permanent injuries from carbon monoxide poisoning. Additionally, the general contractor's claims for indemnification were successfully refuted.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial in a trucking accident. The jury held that the subject accident did not cause any of the plaintiff's alleged injuries.
- Favorable settlement for a corporation in a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that the defendant failed to detect and treat a congenital heart defect.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial in a premises liability case. The plaintiff slipped and fell due to water intrusion in an apartment and alleged permanent nerve damage in one arm due to broken glass.
- Successfully represented a trucking company in a catastrophic construction accident. The plaintiff's alleged damages included limb amputation, phantom limb pain, failure of multiple prosthetic devices, and psychological trauma.
- Successfully pursued a breach of contract action against the defendant in a lawsuit alleging that the defendant engaged in a complex fraudulent scheme involving fabricated subscriber accounts and false leads for alarm monitoring services.
- Obtained dismissals with prejudice for a large retail company in class action lawsuits disputing the information contained on various clothing tags.
J.D., cum laude, Shepard Broad College of Law - Nova Southeastern University, 2013
B.A., magna cum laude, Florida Atlantic University, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida