Katherine Coba represents businesses in complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts in Florida. She counsels clients on issues such as breach of contract, negligence, fraud, and insurance coverage. She also dedicates a portion of her practice to estate and trust litigation.
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- HNBA Region VIII, Board of Directors, 2019 – 2022
- Section of Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Co-Chair, 2019 – 2022
- Latina Commission, 2019 – 2021
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Non-Public Arbitrator
Honors & Awards
- Selected by for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2021 – 2022
- Iglehart v. Mitbank USA, Inc., 4D19-86, 2019 WL 6164242 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. Nov. 20, 2019): Successful appeal representing appellants where the order was reversed by the Fourth District Court of Appeal of Florida.
- Reno v. Hurchalla, No. 3D18-2325, 2019 WL 3938297 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. August 21, 2019): Represented successor trustee defendant and five living beneficiaries under the trust, who sought to modify the original trust to ensure historically significant homestead property was preserved in perpetuity in accordance with charitable intent. Obtained final judgment at the trial court level which authorizing the modification, and secured affirmation by the Third District Court of Appeal of Florida following an appeal.
- Moderator, "Proliferation of Mass Arbitrations: The Unintended Consequences of US Supreme Court’s Liberal Policy of Favoring Arbitration in Contracts and Enforcement of Class Action Waivers," 2021 HNBA/VIA Annual Convention, Virtual Event, September 28, 2021
- Panelist, "E-Discovery in International and Domestic Arbitration v. E-Discovery in Court," 2021 HNBA/VIA Corporate Counsel Conference, Virtual Event, March 17, 2021
- Moderator, "Business Development on a Daily Basis: Tips to Maximize Your Return on Investment," 2020 HNBA/VIA Corporate Counsel Conference and Annual Convention, Virtual Event, September 18, 2020
- Panelist, "HNBA Latina Commission-Latina Leadership Academy (Region VIII)," Miami, Florida, February 1, 2019
- Co-Author, "The Intersection of Family Law and Insurance Claims in the Age of COVID-19," ABA’s Family Law Litigation Practice Points, May 7, 2020
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholar
- University of Notre Dame Alumni Association
J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 2010
B.B.A., Finance and Political Science, University of Notre Dame, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida