Jonathan Morhaim represents clients in civil litigation, focusing on matters involving personal injury and property damage. Involved in all phases of the litigation process—from discovery to motion practice and trial—Jonathan partners with his clients to ensure they are informed throughout.
Jonathan has defended the interests of a number of businesses in litigation, including a Fortune 100 company and an aeronautics corporation. In addition to having handled personal injury, commercial trucking, and premises and products liability cases, he represented major financial institutions and lenders in complex commercial litigation and federal regulatory compliance matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Jonathan spent several years gaining litigation experience at firms in Miami and Coral Gables, Florida. Before entering into private practice, he was an Assistant State Attorney with the Office of the State Attorney for Florida's 17th Circuit. During his tenure, he tried more than 50 trials, both jury and non-jury, to verdict.
- Broward County Bar Association
- Hispanic Lawyers Committee
- Broward County Hispanic Bar Association, Executive Board Member
- Illinois State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Emory University School of Law
- Inter-School Mock Trial Competition, Finalist
- Scholarship Recipient
- Represented major commercial carrier in significant trucking/automobile negligence case. After thorough discovery and motion practice, the case settled favorably.
- Represented estate of deceased Plaintiff in multimillion dollar survivorship/wrongful death action, which received media attention. Successfully settled case after extensive litigation, including depositions of a multitude of medical experts.
Jonathan enjoys playing the guitar, scuba diving, and spending time with his family and friends. He also participates in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and was the silver medalist at the 2016 Florida Federation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu State Championship.
- Community Cares for Kids, Volunteer
- Hispanic Vote Political Action Committee
- MASC, Vice-President
J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2014
B.A., magna cum laude, Florida Gulf Coast University, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida