Jill Munson represents a variety of professionals facing liability claims and disciplinary actions. As a trial lawyer with more than 25 years of experience, she oversees all phases of litigation and the management of significant client relationships. Keeping her clients’ best interests at the forefront, Jill works to develop tailored strategies, litigation plans, and budgets.
As part of her health care practice, she represents hospitals, physician groups, individual care providers, nursing homes, and clients, including physicians, nurses, and other care providers.
Jill also defends legal malpractice actions. She defends attorneys facing claims resulting from a variety of legal representation, including litigation, trusts and estates, and eminent domain.
Jill also handles insurance coverage matters and represents clients in personal injury claims.
In addition to her trial work, Jill conducts settlement negotiations, mediates a number of cases, and argues motions in state and federal courts. She continues to successfully brief and argue appellate cases.
Jill is the Co-Partner in Charge of Hinshaw’s Milwaukee office. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jill was a shareholder at a litigation firm in Milwaukee.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers list by Wisconsin Super Lawyers magazine, 2022
- Recognized as a "Notable Women in Law" honoree by Milwaukee BizTimes, 2022
- Client Choice Award, Litigation Category for Wisconsin
Jill has presented a number of seminars on various topics related to personal injury defense. Recent presentations include:
- Co-Presenter, "EHR Charting Practices and Configuration – reducing physician burnout and medico-legal risk," Illinois Primary Health Care Association's (IPHCA) Annual Leadership Conference, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, October 17, 2019
- Wisconsin 2020 Med Mal Update: Physicians Can Use a Reasonable Alternative Method in Delivering Care Without Being Found NegligentDecember 11, 2020Health Care Alert
- Wisconsin 2020 Med Mal Update: Patient Has the Burden of Producing Evidence of Physician Negligence Prior to Submitting Case to a JuryDecember 11, 2020Health Care Alert
- Guidance for Medical Practitioners on the Resumption of Elective Surgeries and Expansion of Non-Coronavirus Service OfferingsMay 8, 2020Health Care Alert
- May 8, 2020Health Care Alert
- December 17, 2013
- December 18, 2012
- April 4, 2011
- September 29, 2010
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1992
B.S., with distinction, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin