Jill Mendelsohn advises clients in matters relating to general liability, personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, and professional and medical malpractice claims. She handles all aspects of litigation—from client retention to jury trials and post-trial appellate motions—for her clients, which include multinational Fortune 500 companies in the areas of general premises liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, products liability, and negligent security.
In the labor and employment arena, Jill has advised employers on a wide range of disputes, including those concerning the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Jill also represents clients in a variety of construction matters, including defect litigation, as well as those relating to building products and building violations and code compliance issues.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jill worked at a mid-sized insurance defense firm where she managed and executed all aspects of commercial litigation insurance defense cases.
During law school, Jill was a teaching assistant for "Trial Practice" and also a research assistant for a distinguished professor. As a research assistant, she conducted extensive research, writing, and editing for law review publications relating to United States Trust Law, Law and Economics, and United States Trust Policy. Jill was also a legal extern at the University of Florida Student Legal Services.
- The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- National Association of Women Lawyers
Honors & Awards
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Winner, Insurance Litigation Department of the Year - Midsize Firms, Daily Business Review Professional Excellence Awards, 2019
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- May 2, 2019Six Attorneys, One Paralegal, and Two Law Clerks Led By Rory Eric Jurman Join Hinshaw
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), Former Volunteer
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2014
M.B.A., University of Florida, 2014
B.S., Cornell University, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida