Eric Cunningham draws upon his extensive complex litigation skills and aerospace law acumen in representing clients across the aerospace industry, from cases arising out of domestic and foreign aerospace disasters to business and insurance disputes involving participants in aerospace and other industries.
Eric's experience as an aircraft owner and pilot enhances his ability to address sophisticated technical issues with clients and experts, which he simplifies for explanation and adjudication.
The breadth of Eric's aerospace work includes his representation of product and component manufacturers, maintenance facilities, airlines, pilots, air traffic control, and insurers. In addition to the mishap-related defense work, Eric also counsels clients involved in business disputes arising in aerospace, insurance, and other fields—and he litigates these disputes when necessary. As such, while his practice primarily focuses on aerospace law, Eric offers a general practice serving clients in various industries and businesses.
Over the years, Eric's practice has been based out of Chicago and Kansas City, serving clients' interests from Honolulu to New York and beyond.
Honors & Awards
- Washington University School of Law
- Washington University Law Review (formerly Law Quarterly), Associate Editor
Eric presents on aviation law to aviation bar associations and Underwriters in London. He has also taught a bar-certified course on aerospace law to lawyers new to the field.
Eric writes topical articles for industry publications.
A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Eric graduated from John Burroughs School. He and his family of four reside on a small farm in Chicago's northwest suburbs, where they are actively involved in equestrian and ice hockey communities.
J.D. Washington University School of Law, 1992
B.A., cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois, including Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri