Daniel Conte is a commercial litigator focusing on insurance coverage litigation and professional liability disputes.
He represents insurers in first-party and third-party insurance disputes ranging from coverage claims, fiduciary duty claims, and allegations of bad faith. Daniel advises on and litigates policy types and issues, including commercial general liability (CGL), commercial and personal auto, homeowners, directors & officers (D&O), professional liability, construction defects, construction accidents, workers' compensation, employers' liability, and advertising injury. He also counsels his insurer clients on sensitive claims and presents reasoned and fair solutions.
Daniel represents industry professionals, including attorneys, real estate agents and brokers, insurance specialists, securities brokers, financial advisors, broker-dealers, and tax professionals, in all aspects of professional liability claims in federal and state court litigation, regulatory proceedings, and disciplinary matters before state licensing agencies. His practice also extends to securities arbitration cases before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) representing broker-dealers, registered representatives, and financial advisors as to customer disputes involving suitability, failure to supervise, lack of due diligence, and unauthorized trading.
Daniel teams up with his clients to develop the best strategy for each case. Sometimes early resolution may be the best option, whereas, in other instances, a comprehensive and aggressive defense involving dispositive motions or trial is warranted.
Daniel attended Suffolk University Law School part-time while employed full-time as a paralegal and law clerk in a Boston law firm. During law school, he was a member of Suffolk Law’s Moot Court Honor Board and a note editor for the Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy. As a judicial law clerk to a justice of the Massachusetts Superior Court, he gained valuable experience working on trials, hearings, and motions in civil sessions.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Insurance Law, 2023; and Professional Malpractice Law, 2023
- Chapter Co-Author, "Professional Liability Insurance Issues," MCLE: Massachusetts Liability Insurance Manual, 2021 and 2022
- "Note, Swept Under the Rug: The Brady Disclosure Obligation in a Pre-Plea Context," Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy 74, 2012
- Eighty-Seven Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2023 Editions of Best Lawyers in America and Ones to WatchAugust 18, 2022Two Lawyers Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- January 3, 2022
- Avvo Shuts Down its Legal Services Product in Wake of Ethics Opinions Warning Attorneys Not to ParticipateAugust 14, 2018Lawyers for the Profession®
Daniel serves on the Board of Directors of For Kids Only Afterschool, a licensed nonprofit organization serving local families and communities of all backgrounds year-round with out-of-school programs.
J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2012
B.A., magna cum laude, Roger Williams University, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts