Corey Swinick advises businesses on labor and employment disputes and both ERISA and non-ERISA life, health, and disability matters. In addition to his experience with public employment investigations, disciplinary hearings, and grievance procedures, Corey has counseled clients on wage and hour, unemployment benefits, and contract issues. Corey also has in-depth knowledge of claims involving Title VII, as well as the:
- Wisconsin Fair Employment Act (WFEA);
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA);
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA); and the
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
With experience in all phases of litigation, Corey works with his clients to ensure they are informed throughout the process. He seeks to provide each of them with high-quality representation and takes an individualized, down-to-earth approach to help them achieve their goals.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Corey practiced with an employment law firm in New Berlin, Wisconsin. While there, he advocated for employees' rights, including handling discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases.
During and following law school, Corey developed a solid foundation of employment law knowledge as a law clerk with an employment firm and also as a legal intern for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in Milwaukee. While he was a student, he was also the president of the Labor & Employment Law Society.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Young Lawyers Division
Honors & Awards
- Marquette University Law School
- CALI Awards for the Highest Grades in "Employment Discrimination" and "Contract Drafting"
- Dean's List
- Robert F. Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Moot Court Competition
- Best Petitioner's Brief
- Oral Argument Semi-Finalist
- "Wisconsin Employees Entitled to Up to Three Hours Off Work to Vote," LinkedIn, October 26, 2018
Employment Law Observer
In his free time, Corey enjoys spending time with his family and friends, watching hockey and football, collecting vinyl records, playing guitar, and cooking.