Corey Berkin works with clients on a wide range of insurance services matters. He counsels businesses and individuals, helping them navigate cases involving insurance coverage and bad faith. With experience that includes legal research and drafting and arguing motions, Corey is involved in all phases of litigation, ensuring his clients are informed each step of the way.
Before joining Hinshaw, Corey was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Beth Bloom of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. His role included drafting substantive opinions and orders and serving as a co-leader of the court's summer intern program.
Corey's background further includes practicing with a distinguished Miami-based national law firm where he worked on a variety of criminal and civil matters. In addition to litigating insurance-related cases, Corey handled municipal law, civil rights, and commercial disputes, as well as premises liability and tort actions.
During law school, Corey served as the Executive Editor of the Northwestern Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property.
- Dade County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Northwestern University School of Law
- Dean's List
- University of Florida
- Anderson Scholar of Highest Distinction
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Insurance Litigation
- Represented carrier in Florida federal court bad faith lawsuit arising from failure to settle window-related product defect claims.
- Represented carrier in Florida federal court coverage lawsuit arising from workplace tort claims.
- Municipal Law Litigation
- Represented city in Florida state court interlocal dispute lawsuit arising from traffic bridge opening causing congestion and related problems.
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Represented cities and police officers in Florida federal court Section 1983 lawsuits arising from alleged wrongful arrests and excessive use of force.
- Represented city in Florida federal court discrimination lawsuit arising from alleged website inaccessibility for the visually impaired.
Outside of the office, Corey enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, kayaking and canoeing, grilling and cooking with his smoker, visiting National Parks, and going to art and food festivals.
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation, Leadership Development Institute
- Northwestern Law Alumni Association