Anthony Torrente has experience in commercial litigation involving breach of contract claims, real estate disputes, boundary/land use matters, condominium association and homeowners association (HOA) disputes, lien filings and foreclosures, broker commission disputes, and mortgage/association legal issues. He has also handled litigation involving personal injury, premises liability/slip-and-fall cases, wrongful death, auto accidents, dram shop violations, property damage/first party claims, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) cases, environmental matters, judgment collections work, construction defect cases, and employment cases. Anthony has assisted clients in commercial/residential transactions, contract negotiations, forbearance agreements, loan modification work, and drafting security instruments.
In terms of dispute resolution, Anthony is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit/County Mediator. He has mediated cases in the areas of breach of contract/commercial cases, debt collection, foreclosures, ADA, property damage/first party claims, personal injury, auto accidents, PIP claims, and premises liability.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Anthony practiced law with Aran Correa Guarch & Shapiro, P.A. in Coral Gables, Florida. In law school, he served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Bob LeBlanc, Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida, in Orlando, Florida. He also interned with Bristol-Myers Squibb, a large pharmaceutical company in the New York/New Jersey area.
Anthony's law school accomplishments include having been president of the Hispanic America Law School Association. During law school he was trained and served as a Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator.
Prior to law school, Anthony worked as a legislative aide for State of Florida Representative Marcelo Llorente, District 116, Miami.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2021 – 2024
- "Note & Comment Article Publication," Albany Law Review (2012), 5 Alb. Gov't L. Rev. 352
- August 17, 2023One Lawyer Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- Anthony Torrente Discusses in Daily Business Review the Inspiration Behind His Winning Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Man of the Year" Fundraising CampaignDecember 21, 2022
- Eighty-Seven Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2023 Editions of Best Lawyers in America and Ones to WatchAugust 18, 2022Two Lawyers Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- July 5, 2022
- August 19, 2021Five Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- January 4, 2021
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
J.D., Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, 2011
B.A., cum laude, Florida State University, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida