Chambers USA Recognizes Hinshaw for its Insurance and Financial Services Practices
Eight Hinshaw Partners Recognized by the Guide
The U.S. law firm Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP today announced that the firm received significant recognition in the 2021 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers USA). Eight Hinshaw partners are featured in the guide, with the firm's insurance practice receiving recognition in Illinois, Florida, and California.
Published by Chambers and Partners, Chambers USA is a widely respected annual publication that highlights leading law firms and lawyers representing clients in the United States and internationally. As part of its process, Chambers and Partners' researchers interview thousands of lawyers and clients around the world. Firms and lawyers must demonstrate sustained excellence in order to be ranked in the guide.
Individual Attorney Rankings
- Lauren E. Campisi
- Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance): USA – Nationwide (Band 3)
- Banking & Finance: Louisiana (Band 3)
- In ranking Campisi, Chambers USA states: Especially knowledgeable about consumer financial law, she is an "excellent lawyer" with a very good reputation. Also recognized for her extensive knowledge of state and federal laws, including CFPB and FCC regulations.
- Rory Eric Jurman
- Insurance: Florida (Band 2)
- In ranking Jurman, Chambers USA states: Widely acknowledged as an "insurance specialist" who regularly advises insurance carriers with regard to complex claims disputes. One client described him as "very detail-oriented and always available" and someone who "handles cases in line with our corporate strategy." Another source reported that he is "great to deal with … very responsive and has really has taken the time to understand us as clients."
- Ronald L. Kammer
- Insurance: Florida (Band 4)
- In ranking Kammer, Chambers USA states: Particularly recognized for his "expertise" in claims concerning bodily injury, employer liability, and business interruption. "He is knowledgeable in his area of expertise, responsive, and an excellent lawyer." "He is an incredibly talented and experienced lawyer who is fully able to handle all of the nuances of insurance coverage arguments."
- Kent R. Keller
- Insurance: Insurer: California (Senior Statespeople)
- In ranking Keller, Chambers USA states: A "seasoned litigator," with "vast experience" in handling casualty claims and reinsurance disputes. Said one client: "He's a very strong litigator and trial attorney - he is incredible. His biggest strengths are his communication skills and his ability to present a persuasive argument."
- Spencer Y. Kook
- Insurance: Insurer: California (Band 4)
- In ranking Kook, Chambers USA states: Noted for his handling of insurance regulation and compliance matters, with an "enviable client list." Sources describe him as "experienced, professional, knowledgeable, and thorough" – an "outstanding attorney." He's also "solutions-oriented, analytical, organized, and efficient."
- Royal F. Oakes
- Insurance: Insurer: California (Senior Statespeople)
- In ranking Oakes, Chambers USA states: A "highly respected" attorney in the California market, according to market sources. His practice spans bad faith claims and employment-related disputes, among other matters.
- Scott M. Seaman
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Illinois (Band 1)
- In ranking Seaman, Chambers USA states: Lauded by market sources as "very knowledgeable" and "greatly sought-after by insurers," Seaman received particular praise for his representation of insurance carriers in environmental, asbestos, business interruption, and product liability disputes.
- Stephen P. Strohschein
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring: Louisiana (Band 3)
- In ranking Strohschein, Chambers USA states: Clients acclaim him as a "fine creditors' lawyer" and praise his bankruptcy work and "wide-ranging representation" of lenders.
Firm Practice Rankings
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Insurer – Illinois. In ranking Hinshaw in "Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Insurer – Illinois" and quoting members of the insurance industry, Chambers USA states:
- What the team is known for: Widely acknowledged for its representation of insurer clients in complex, high-value coverage arbitration and litigation matters. Experienced in construction defect, first-party property, and cyber insurance as well as personal insurance claims. Also handles risk management issues. Skilled at acting for international and domestic US clients.
- Work highlights: Represented Starr in a coverage and additional insured matter pending in the United States District Court in the Southern District of Indiana. The action arose out of demolition operations in the detonation of explosive charges in a Duke Energy facility.
- Insurance – Florida. In ranking Hinshaw in "Insurance – Florida," Chambers USA states:
- What the team is known for: Handles a variety of insurance coverage claims on behalf of insurance carriers. Adept at providing advice and representation in coverage matters concerning losses arising out of catastrophic bodily injury, business interruption and employer liability.
- Strengths: Clients say: "They are all very knowledgeable, hard-working and get reports to me consistently and of a very high quality. They are just terrific in every aspect." Sources say: "The team works well together and has taken the time to understand how we operate."
- Work highlights: Represented Granada Insurance against various policyholders seeking coverage for drivers that had not been approved by Granada prior to automobile accidents.
- Insurance: Insurer – California. In ranking Hinshaw in "Insurance: Insurer – California," Chambers USA states:
- What the team is known for: Highly capable firm with a reputation for representing both domestic and foreign insurers across the USA. The California team has key expertise in regulatory insurance law and also offers a robust litigation practice, representing insurers in coverage disputes and class actions on a regular basis. Offers further ability in construction defect, professional liability, and first-party property insurance matters, among other areas.
- Strengths: Clients say: "They're very knowledgeable and have specialists in many different areas of insurance law." One interviewee adds: "The team is very client-focused and easy to work with." Another client notes: "They're very knowledgeable and are very strong communicators."