Bill Cook represents individuals and businesses in a variety of industries in litigation. Committed to ensuring his clients are informed, Bill partners with them from the onset of a case to its resolution. He not only helps clients navigate and understand the matter at hand, but provides them with simple, tailored solutions for whatever legal problem they may be facing.
Before joining Hinshaw, Bill furthered his experience at the Circuit Court of Cook County, Office of the Chief Judge where he served as the Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Christopher E. Lawler. During his tenure, Bill assisted with research and analysis for complex personal injury, medical malpractice, and contracts cases.
During law school, Bill was a law clerk for a firm in Chicago where he assisted with a variety of personal injury-related matters. This included working extensively on a case that resulted in a $54 million verdict.
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology
- CALI Award for "Advanced Legislative Advocacy"
- CALI Award for "Legislative Advocacy"
- "Personal Injury and Nursing Home Actions: Reconciling Split Decisions on a Decedent's Legal Disability," CBA Record, 2020
When not spending time with his family and friends, Bill enjoys running, playing golf, and cheering on the Chicago White Sox.
- Chicago-Kent Student-Alumni, Board Member
- Brother Rice High School, Class Captain
- Knights of Columbus
- Leo Council #804, Financial Secretary
Young Irish Fellowship Club, Member
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, 2018
B.A. and B.S., cum laude, John Carroll University, 2013