Bill Cook represents individuals and businesses in a variety of industries in litigation. A portion of his practice is devoted to Life, Health, Disability & ERISA. He assists insurers and managed health care organizations with understanding federal and state regulations and mitigating risk. Committed to ensuring his clients are informed, Bill partners with them from the onset of a case to its resolution. He not only helps clients navigate and understand the matter at hand, but provides them with tailored solutions for whatever legal problem they may be facing.
Before joining Hinshaw, Bill furthered his experience at the Circuit Court of Cook County, Office of the Chief Judge, where he served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Christopher E. Lawler. During his tenure, Bill provided research and analysis for complex personal injury, medical malpractice, and contracts cases.
During law school, Bill clerked for a firm in Chicago, working on personal injury-related matters, including an extensive case that resulted in a $54 million verdict.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Judicial Evaluation Committee, Investigator
- Celtic Legal Society of Chicago
Honors & Awards
- Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology
- CALI Award for "Advanced Legislative Advocacy"
- CALI Award for "Legislative Advocacy"
- Co-Author, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7, Wrongful-Death and Survival Actions, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2023 Edition
- "Personal Injury and Nursing Home Actions: Reconciling Split Decisions on a Decedent's Legal Disability," CBA Record, 2020
When not spending time with his family and friends, Bill enjoys running, playing golf, and cheering on the Chicago White Sox.
- Alliance Française de Chicago’s Professionals Group
- Chicago-Kent Student-Alumni, Board Member
- Brother Rice High School, Class Captain
- Knights of Columbus
- Leo Council #804, Financial Secretary
- Young Irish Fellowship Club
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, 2018
B.A. and B.S., cum laude, John Carroll University, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois