Thomas Beer is a litigator who focuses his practice on complex insurance coverage, environmental remediation, premises liability, and product defect claims, including federal multidistrict litigations and state court-coordinated proceedings. Tom represents industrial manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, nutritional supplement producers, and professional product testing and certification services in individual and mass product liability actions.
Fluent in German, Tom advises some of Europe's largest insurance carriers and manufacturers in business litigation matters throughout the United States.
Tom also has extensive experience in admiralty, maritime, and marine insurance matters. For many years, he has represented stevedoring companies, P&I clubs, longshore workers' compensation insurers, and marine insurance carriers in personal injury and cargo claims. He also defends public entities in marine terminal premises liability actions.
- The State Bar of California
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Bar Association
- German American Chamber of Commerce
- The European American Chamber of Commerce
- German American Business Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- San Francisco Marine Claims Association
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1990
- Editor, USF Maritime Law Journal
B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science, California State University at San Francisco, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, and Northern Districts of California