Nataliia Artemova is a litigator who concentrates her practice on all aspects of insurance and general liability defense, including allegations of personal injury and property damage, premises liability, product liability, wrongful death, and automobile liability. Nataliia also litigates complex commercial disputes, including breach of contract and torts, construction, and real estate disputes. Nataliia emphasizes a vigorous yet cost-sensitive approach to client representation and aims to achieve an early resolution of any matter that is beneficial to the client.
Nataliia began practicing law in Kyiv, Ukraine, and has held legal advisor positions in European Fortune Global 500 corporations. She has represented clients in trial and appellate courts, administrative hearings, arbitration, and mediation throughout her career. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Nataliia bolstered her civil litigation and transactional experience with Tampa Bay law firms. Nataliia also has acquired extensive experience in areas of corporate law pertaining to international business, including mergers and acquisitions, construction, and real estate.
During law school, Nataliia was recognized for a variety of academic achievements, including graduating in the top eight percent of her class.
- The Florida Bar
- The Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Kyiv Regional Bar Association (Ukraine)
Honors & Awards
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
- Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi Awards
- CALI Award in "Evidence"
- CALI Award in "Immigration Law"
- CALI Award in "Advanced Legal Writing Activities"
- Dean's List
- Alicea Enterprises, Inc. v. Nationwide Ins. Co. of Am., 252 So. 3d 799 (Fla. 2d DCA 2018): Won reversal in insurance coverage action involving the duty to defend and indemnify.
- Conducted due diligence and prepared disclosure schedules and other transactional documents in a $50 million sales transaction.
- Lead attorney representing foreign nationals in numerous business acquisitions (including a $1 million acquisition of a restaurant business).
J.D., magna cum laude, William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2013
Specialist's degree (equivalent to J.D.), with highest honors, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine Lawyer, 2000