Matthew Pagano represents clients in a variety of commercial, tax, and professional liability matters. Whether advocating for professionals, municipalities, or multibillion-dollar corporations, Matt’s colleagues call him a “problem solver” for his ability to see old problems from new angles.
Before joining Hinshaw, Matt defended the interests of multiple businesses in a nationwide antitrust case. He also worked to resolve numerous partnership, nonprofit, and international commercial disputes.
While in law school, Matt was an extern for the Civil Appellate Division of the Attorney General of Illinois and Captain of the John J. Gibbons Moot Court Team. Prior to attending law school, Matt was a Fulbright Fellow stationed in Austria.
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Dean’s List
Matt is a contributor to Hinshaw's Lawyers for the Profession® alerts, sharing his insights on the latest developments in legal malpractice law.
- Florida Appellate Court Reverses Summary Judgment for Attorneys Where They Could Have Remedied Prior Counsel's Mistakes and Salvaged Plaintiff's CaseDecember 20, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- When Aggressive Tactics Cross the Line: Illinois ARDC Suspends Lawyer Accused of Sending "Abusive and Aggressive" E-MailsOctober 7, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- August 1, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- Clients Also Have Responsibilities: Plaintiffs' Lack of Diligence Defeats Fraudulent Concealment Claim and Precludes Tolling of Statute of ReposeJune 20, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- Lawyer Unsuccessfully Attempts to Invoke Statute of Limitations Defense in Malpractice Claim Alleging He Missed Statute of Limitations on Underlying ClaimsMay 2, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- When Aggressive Settlement Tactics Go Too Far: California Appellate Court Holds Counsel's Threat to Reveal Opponent's Alleged Illegal Activity was ExtortionFebruary 8, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
Matt is an opera enthusiast with a preference for Italian composers. He frequently attended the opera while living abroad and is now a regular attendee and donor at Lyric Opera of Chicago.
J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2015
B.A., European History and German, Washington and Lee University, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois