Rita Gokhberg counsels businesses facing complex legal problems and crafts solutions for their unique issues. A majority of her practice is dedicated to life, health, disability, and ERISA litigation. Leveraging experience at both the district and appellate court levels, Rita is involved in all phases of litigation, ensuring clients are informed each step of the way.
As a former judicial law clerk for the Illinois Appellate Court, Rita contributed to the judicial decision-making process in a wide range of civil and criminal appeals and leverages her knowledge of the judicial process in her current practice. Rita's background also includes representing clients in contentious domestic relations litigation and various family law matters.
Honors & Awards
- DePaul University College of Law
- CALI Award for Excellence in "Legal Analysis, Research, and Communication"
- CALI Award for Excellence in "Trial Advocacy"
- Chancellor's Award for Service
- Dean's List
- Court Rules LTD Benefits Properly Terminated After Plaintiff Failed to Undergo Recommended Surgery for DisabilityOctober 12, 2021The LHD/ERISA Advisor
- Insurer's Likelihood to Deny Claim Does Not Excuse Claimant's Obligation to Exhaust Administrative Remedies Prior to Filing SuitJune 14, 2021The LHD/ERISA Advisor
Outside of the office, you can find Rita traveling, eating good food, and spending time with her family and her dog.
J.D., cum laude, DePaul University College of Law, 2014
B.A., DePaul University, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota