Lexi Holinga defends the interests of businesses of all sizes in litigation. She represents clients in premises and product liability, as well as general, commercial and environmental litigation. Her clients appreciate her tenacious approach to every case and her meticulous efforts in preparing clients and witnesses alike for whatever challenges litigation may bring.
Drawing on more than 15 years of litigation experience, Lexi’s practice encompasses clients defending against civil litigation, class actions, and multidistrict litigation at both the trial and appellate level. She has experience in matters related to serious injuries in the workplace, property damage, business interruption, complex construction and commercial disputes.
In the toxic tort arena, Lexi has represented industrial clients in numerous occupational disease lawsuits related to allegations of asbestos related diseases, benzene, ethyl acrylate, hydrogen sulfide and other chemical exposures.
With strong connections in Louisiana politics, Lexi also represents clients in government disputes.
Before joining Hinshaw, Lexi practiced at several law firms in Louisiana. Most recently, she worked at a firm in Baton Rouge, of which she was a founding member.
- Baton Rouge Bar Association (BRBA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Louisiana Association of Business & Industry (LABI)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
- Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF)
- Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA)
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators list, 2018
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Louisiana Super Lawyers magazine, 2013 – 2017
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Defense of chemical company involving personal injury claims related to a switchgear fire.
- Trial counsel for industrial client in class action for chemical exposure and successful appeal to the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Trial counsel for chemical company in class action alleging groundwater contamination, property damage, environmental remediation and punitive damages.
- Defense verdict for industrial client in jury trial against mesothelioma premises claim.
- Trial counsel for pipeline company in boundary action involving a right of way dispute, horizontal directional drill and property damage claims.
- Defense counsel for large forest products manufacturer in class action alleging nuisance and offsite migrations. Defense of car seat manufacturer in products liability action.
- Trial counsel for industrial client in class action trials related to offset migrations and atmospheric releases.
- Representation of university in Title IX claim for “reverse gender discrimination” and alleged hazing activities in federal court.
In her spare time, Lexi enjoys cooking and spending time with her husband and three children. She is an avid LSU Tiger fan.
- Aloysius Catholic Church
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Trial Advocacy Program, Instructor
- Wex Malone Inn of Court
J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2005
B.S., Louisiana State University, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana