Lexi Holinga defends the interests of businesses of all sizes in litigation. She represents clients in premises, product liability, general, commercial, construction defect, and environmental litigation. Her clients appreciate her tenacious approach to every case and her meticulous efforts in preparing clients and witnesses for whatever challenges litigation may bring. She frequently serves as lead counsel for general litigation matters.
Drawing on more than 15 years of litigation and arbitration experience, Lexi's practice encompasses defending clients in civil litigation, class actions, and multidistrict litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. She has experience in matters related to serious injuries in the workplace, property damage, business interruption, complex construction, and commercial disputes.
Lexi has represented industrial clients in the toxic tort arena in numerous occupational disease lawsuits related to allegations of asbestos-related diseases, benzene, ethyl acrylate, hydrogen sulfide, and other chemical exposures.
With strong connections in Louisiana politics, Lexi also represents clients in disputes involving public entities.
Before joining Hinshaw, Lexi practiced at several law firms in Louisiana. Most recently, she worked at a firm in Baton Rouge, of which she was a founding member.
- Baton Rouge Bar Association (BRBA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Louisiana Association of Business & Industry (LABI)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
- Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF)
- Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA)
Honors & Awards
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2023
- Recognized on America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators list, 2018
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Louisiana Super Lawyers magazine, 2013 – 2017
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- For a global insurance provider serves as monitoring counsel for personal injury, bodily injury, and environmental cases.
- Represents professionals in various errors and omissions policy claims.
- Arbitrates on behalf of clients before the American Arbitration Society in claims involving construction defects.
- Represents architect in an AAA arbitration matter involving claims for defects during the construction of a hotel.
- Defense of chemical company involving personal injury claims related to a switchgear fire.
- Trial counsel for an industrial client in a class action for chemical exposure and successful appeal to the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Trial counsel for a chemical company in class action alleging groundwater contamination, property damage, environmental remediation, and punitive damages.
- Defense verdict for an industrial client in a jury trial against mesothelioma premises claims.
- Trial counsel for a pipeline company in boundary action involving a right of way dispute, horizontal directional drill, and property damage claims.
- Defense counsel for large forest products manufacturer in class action alleging nuisance and offsite migrations. Defense of car seat manufacturer in products liability action.
- Trial counsel for an industrial client in class action trials related to offset migrations and atmospheric releases.
- Representation of a university in Title IX claim for "reverse gender discrimination" and alleged hazing activities in federal court.
- Eighty-Seven Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2023 Editions of Best Lawyers in America and Ones to WatchAugust 18, 2022Two Lawyers Also Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- September 27, 2021Lexi Holinga adds depth to the firm's Gulf Coast presence and litigation capabilities
In her spare time, Lexi enjoys cooking and spending time with her husband and three children. She is an avid LSU Tiger fan.
- Aloysius Catholic Church
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Trial Advocacy Program, Instructor
- Wex Malone Inn of Court
J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2005
B.S., Louisiana State University, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana