Kelly M. Canfield advises clients in commercial litigation, focusing on insurance-related matters, including bad faith, construction defect claims, and insurance coverage disputes. Committed to ensuring her clients are informed through the process, Kelly handles all phases of litigation from motion practice through trial. She has argued countless hearings in both federal and state court, and has first chaired a number of bench trials.
Before joining Hinshaw, Kelly represented large financial institutions in consumer financial services litigation in a wide range of matters, including those involving the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Kelly also worked at a boutique law firm where she represented clients in condominium association related-matters, including construction defect claims. Most recently, she practiced at the Ft. Lauderdale office of a Miami-based firm.
- Dade County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- The Florida Bar
Honors & Awards
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2021; and Insurance Law, 2021
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2016 – 2020
- Winner, Insurance Litigation Department of the Year - Midsize Firms, Daily Business Review Professional Excellence Awards, 2019
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- May 2, 2019Six Attorneys, One Paralegal, and Two Law Clerks Led By Rory Eric Jurman Join Hinshaw
J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, 2010
B.A., University of Miami, 2004
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida