David Beach counsels clients in litigation. Leveraging decades of knowledge and experience, David provides clients with condensed solutions for their complex legal problems.
Over the course of his career, David has handled disputes involving virtually every aspect of insurance defense, including product and premises liability, construction site accidents and defects, and professional negligence. His background further includes representing clients in trials involving commercial and residential landlord-tenant liability, slip and falls, motor vehicle accidents, and malicious prosecution, as well as fire-related property damage and elder abuse.
Before joining Hinshaw, David practiced for more than a decade with a mid-sized firm in Emeryville, California. He spent the majority of his legal career with a firm in Oakland, California, where he practiced for 20 years.
- Defense Research Institute
- Northern California Associate of Defense Counsel
- State Bar of California
- Agricultural Litigation
- Defended an irrigation company in an action by the owners of an almond grove who claimed that the irrigation system was negligently designed and installed. The defense was based on a denial of any breach of the standard of care. Obtained a defense verdict after a month long trial and recovered all costs and attorneys' fees incurred in the defense.
- Professional Liability
- Defended a skilled nursing facility on charges of professional negligence, elder abuse and elder neglect. Defended on the basis that the staff at all times practiced within the applicable standard of care. Obtained a defense verdict after a three week trial.
- Personal Injury
- Defended a plumbing company on a cross-complaint by the general contractor. The contractor claimed that my client's negligence contributed to significant injuries one of its employees sustained in a construction site accident. Obtained summary judgment by showing the accident was solely the fault of the general contractor. Recovered costs and attorneys' fees from the contractor.
J.D., magna cum laude, The University of San Diego, 1980
B.S., University of California – Berkeley, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California