Alexander Baggio advises businesses in a wide-range of commercial litigation, labor and employment disputes, and both ERISA and non-ERISA life, health and disability matters. With a background that includes representing employees in class and collective actions as a plaintiff attorney, Alex brings a unique perspective to the defense of his clients. He has worked on class and collective actions across the country, including those involving Rule 23 and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as claims arising from employment contracts.
Involved in all phases of the litigation process, Alex partners with his clients to not only ensure they are informed, but provide them with solutions tailored to their case and business.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Alex practiced at a Minneapolis-based employment law firm where he represented employees seeking recovery of their unpaid wages.
Following his completion of law school, Alex was a law clerk to the Honorable Gary R. Larson (ret.) and the Honorable Janet N. Poston (ret.), Hennepin County District Court.
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2009–Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member, 2009–Present
- Contributing Editor, "The Family and Medical Leave Act" Annual Supplement, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, May 2017–Present
- Co-Author, "The Proposed White-Collar Exemption Regulations and consideration for Practitioners," 2016 Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute, May 2016
- Author, "Minnesota" Chapter, Wage and Hour Laws: A State-by-State Survey, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, June 2015–Present
- Contributing Editor, "The Fair Labor Standards Act" Annual Supplement, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, October 2014–Present
Employment Law Observer
Outside of work, Alex enjoys cycling, lifting weights, and reading.
J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2009
B.A., Political Science and Economics, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin