Miami Office Partner-in-Charge Barbara Fernandez Discusses Benefits and Opportunities of Scheduled Office Relocation to The Plaza Coral Gables
Barbara Fernandez, the partner-in-charge of the firm's Miami office, was recently interviewed by the Daily Business Review, discussing news that Hinshaw has signed a lease with The Plaza Coral Gables. The firm's Miami office relocation to The Plaza will be completed in January 2024.
Fernandez said the amenities at The Plaza would facilitate a vibrant and collaborative office culture while also supporting hybrid work arrangements.
Fernandez added, “[the new location will offer] a modern work environment, it has wonderful amenities such as different types of restaurants, entertainment options, and the Lowes Hotel, which for us was attractive and convenient for out-of-town clients.” The hotel has 242 rooms, making travel more convenient for the many lawyers, partners, and clients who visit the Miami office.
Fernandez also said the new office location is aimed squarely at helping bolster Hinshaw’s supportive mentoring culture:
“I like that we’ve hired a lot of young associates. I feel that that’s what this office really needed for the purpose of growing. We’re having a lot of the partners that may have been practicing for 20-25 years, really taking the lead in the Miami office, which is nice for the new generation coming up. I think this new space will be attractive for younger lawyers to start or grow their careers in.”
Read the full article (subscription required)
The Plaza is a Finalist for Project of the Year at the 2023 Urban Land Institute (ULI) Southeast Florida / Caribbean Vision Awards.
"Hinshaw & Culbertson Commits to a New Chapter: Inking a Lease at The Plaza in Coral Gables," was published by Daily Business Review, November 3, 2023.
Related Media Coverage
- "Hinshaw & Culbertson Adds 7 Attorneys In South Florida," Law360 Pulse, November 8, 2023
- "Leasing Tracker: Coral Gables office towers over 80% leased; Telecom company to move HQ to Delray Beach," South Florida Business Journal. October 22, 2023
- "This Week's South Florida Deal Sheet: First Condo-Only Waldorf Astoria Planned," Bisnow, October 17, 2023
- "Lease roundup: Pebb’s Sundy Village in Delray Beach, CP’s Miami Tower score tenants," The Real Deal, October 16, 2023
- "Six New Office Leases Secured for Plaza Coral Gables," Commercial Observer, October 11, 2023