Thomson Reuters Publishes Eighth Edition of Insurance Law Treatise Authored by Scott Seaman and Jason Schulze
Thomson Reuters has published the Eighth Edition of "Allocation of Losses in Complex Insurance Coverage Claims," authored by Chicago-based partner and co-chair of the firm's global Insurance Services Practice Group Scott Seaman and his colleague, Chicago-based partner Jason Schulze.
In its nineteenth year of publication, this Thomson Reuters Insurance Law Treatise addresses some of the most important issues confronting today's insurance and reinsurance practitioners and professionals.
The latest edition of this authoritative work features:
- Updated 50-state compendia of allocation decisions and trigger-of-coverage decisions
- Analysis of the various allocation methodologies, allocation to the policyholder, impact of insurance unavailability, and developments with respect to the selective-tender rule
- Discussion of the impact of a policyholder's bankruptcy and an insurer's insolvency
- Decisions on professional liability, directors and officers liability, and other claims-made policy issues
- Consideration of reallocation among insurers through "other insurance" clauses and contribution claims
- Discussion of coordination of coverage between claims-made and occurrence-based contracts
- Review of stub policy, policy extension, and multi-year policy issues
- Tracking of developments regarding number-of-occurrence decisions
- Examination of defense obligations, coverage for defense costs, and rights of reimbursement
- Consideration of legal audits, litigation management guidelines, and joint defense issues
- Evaluation of insurance settlement issues and settlement credits
- Coverage of a wide range of claim types, including general and professional liability, first-party property, environmental, asbestos, and construction defect
- Review of issues relating to policy limits, self-insured retentions, and exhaustion and impairment of coverage
- Examination of recent decisions affecting reinsurance allocations
- Contains separate chapters addressing construction defect claims and cyber/data breach claims
- Expanded chapter on cyber and data breach claims
In addition to the traditional hard copy version of the book, the treatise is available as an eBook. For more information and to order your copy, visit the Thomson Reuters website.