Brian Zeeck focuses his business litigation practice in the areas of commercial litigation, white collar crime matters, labor and employment claims and real estate disputes. He represents a wide range of clients, including corporations of all sizes, partnerships, limited liability companies, professionals, lenders, contractors and title insurers. Mr. Zeeck appears before state and federal courts, as well as numerous state and federal agencies.
Mr. Zeeck litigates employment-related cases. He regularly represents employers in employment litigation matters, defending employment discrimination claims at both the state and federal level. Mr. Zeeck has tried cases before such agencies as the National Labor Relations Board and the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
In addition, Mr. Zeeck handles a variety of complex real estate litigation in federal, state and bankruptcy courts. He has litigated matters involving property disputes, mortgage loans, mechanic's lien claims, construction disputes and priority rights. Additionally, he has defended complex civil and criminal mortgage fraud cases in both state and federal court, and has substantial experience in handling civil fraud, contract and fiduciary duty disputes.
His white collar crime practice involves representation of individuals and corporations that are the subject of criminal investigations and criminal charges, including related or concurrent civil actions such as Qui Tam Relator and False Claims Act litigation. He second-chaired a case in federal court involving complex mortgage fraud changes and a claimed loss of more than $10 million, which ultimately resulted in an acquittal on all charges.
Mr. Zeeck joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in May 2009. Previously he was a summer associate with the firm from 2006 to 2008.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
Mr. Zeeck frequently speaks before organizations and clients on various legal issues. His presentations have included:
- "Key Features of the Professional Land Surveyor Act of 1989," and "Statutes and Standards: Overview of Important Legal Principles," IPLSA, Springfield, Illinois, February 10, 2017.
- "Ethics Rules and Practice for Illinois Structural Engineers and Professional Engineers," Illinois Society of Professional Engineers-Salt Creek Chapter, LaGrange, Illinois, November 15, 2016.
Mr. Zeeck is the former editor of Hinshaw’s White Collar Crime & Internal Investigations blog. Since 2010 he has been a regular guest lecturer to Waubonsee Valley High School’s business law class.
- February 28, 2012Health Law Alert
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2009
- Member, Dean’s List
B.A., cum laude, English, University of Illinois at Springfield, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana