Hinshaw's health care attorneys advise clients on a broad range of health care provider operations issues to ensure regulatory compliance for day-to-day operations, to properly structure entities and transactions, and to obtain and maintain provider licensure, certification and accreditation. Our review, consultation and advice to clients can serve to minimize risk for health care providers who operate and provide patient care in a complex regulatory environment.
Health Care Provider Operational Issues
Our attorneys have experience assisting health care providers with the following activities:
- Reviewing quality assessment and improvement activities, including outcomes evaluation and development and refinement of clinical guidelines or protocols
- Assessing and evaluating activities relating to improving patient care and to reducing health care costs and increasing efficiencies
- Reviewing the competence and/or qualifications of health care professionals
- Determining scope of practice and compliance with state licensure and credentialing requirements
- Evaluating practitioner and provider performance
- Conducting training programs for students, residents, trainees, and practitioners
- Evaluating health plan performance and compliance
- Assisting with accreditation, certification, licensing, or credentialing activities
- Developing or improving the methods of billing, payment or coverage policies and procedures;
- Assessing business activities relating to compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements
- Resolving internal grievances and developing and assessing grievance programs
- Assisting with the sale, transfer, merger, or consolidation of all or part of the health care entity or provider to or with another health care entity or provider, as well as the due diligence activities in connection with such transaction
Ongoing State and Federal Regulatory Health Care Compliance
Hinshaw's health care attorneys work closely with health care providers to ensure that the client’s health care operations and the staff and practitioners are in compliance with the applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Our attorneys have experience representing health care practitioners who have been investigated by or received a complaint from the state licensing board on various issues related to scope of practice, licensure requirements, patient care, billing, documentation, and supervision of other health care practitioners.