Health care disputes shouldn’t threaten the life of your business. Hinshaw can help.
For decades, Hinshaw’s health care litigators have represented health care providers in the full spectrum of disputes with patients, insurers, vendors, government regulators and law-enforcement officials. Equally important, our strategy for success is inspired by the very providers we serve:
First, we diagnose the cause of the dispute. We then work with clients to identify the desired outcome. We take appropriate steps to achieve resolution, whether negotiating a settlement or putting forward a strong defense designed to prevail at trial. And finally, we provide counsel based on our extensive prior experience to prevent or minimize the likelihood of future litigation.
We know the health care industry is in flux and that the cumulative effect of these rapid transitions—from volume to value, from in-office visits to telemedicine, and more—may result in an increase in potential claims. Whether addressing payment disputes and audits, defending allegations of medical malpractice, or working with regulators to resolve licensure, credentialing and contract issues, our counsel is as evidence-based as the care our clients deliver.
We provide cost-effective defense counsel on disputes involving:
- Certification, accreditation and licensure
- Data privacy, HIPAA and HITECH compliance
- Employment, executive compensation and benefits
- Facilities design, construction and management
- Government contracts and bid protests
- Government investigations
- Health care fraud and abuse, Stark law and anti-kickback statutes
- Health care reimbursement, coding and coverage
- Insurance recovery
- Medical liability and malpractice
- Ownership, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Pharmacy benefits and pricing
- Vendor, supplier and practice-management disputes
In a complex industry, our goal is simple: to help clients prevent, minimize, and manage risk.